So many users of Sage products ask us what options are available to them for Consolidated Financial Reporting. Whether you have an existing set of reports that you would like to convert and improve, like FRX for MAS90/200/500 or Financial Reporter for Accpac, etc. or if you just want to have a set of reports matching your wild imagination, this video should give you an idea of what is possible using Sage Business Intelligence.
Archive for the ‘Sage Accpac Intelligence’ Category
The Intelligence Store was built in response to our customers requiring immediate access to reports.
It may have exactly what you need: http://theintelligencestore.com/
There are different rules for the licensing required across Sage platforms for permitting the import of reports and the following rules apply to each platform:
- Sage Simply Accounting: Any Sage Intelligence license structure will permit the import of reports
- Sage Peachtree: Any Sage Intelligence license structure will permit the import of reports
- Sage Accpac: At least 2 Report Managers OR 1 Connector License is required to permit the importing of reports
- Sage MAS90/200: At least 2 Report Managers OR 1 Connector License is required to permit the importing of reports
- Sage MAS500: At least 2 Report Managers OR 1 Connector License is required to permit the importing of reports
All the reports in the IntelligenceStore are used with Sage Intelligence which is the reporting product of choice, shipped with all the Sage Accounting platforms listed in the IntelligenceStore. After purchasing a report from the IntelligenceStore, you simply import the report into Sage Intelligence and begin using it.
Sage Intelligence reports generate into an Excel template and MS Excel is therefore a prerequisite to using Sage Intelligence. For all the reports in the IntelligenceStore, except where otherwise noted, Excel 2007 or higher is required.
Another tool that does no harm when using Sage Intelligence is good Excel skills. These are not a prerequisite for using reports in the IntelligenceStore but with good Excel skills you can easily improve reports that you download.
The Report Designer which simplifies the creation of Financial Statements using SAI, has been available for MAS users for some time and is imminently available to users of SAI in the Accpac environment too. In summary, it provides a user-friendly Excel interface to create and modify Financial Reports.
For those consultants who prefer to be prepared for new technology, have a gander at these videos: http://community.alchemex.com/group/excelgeniereportdesigner